Idyllic thatched Self-catering holiday cottage for two at Sherrington, in the peaceful Wylye Valley among the rolling Wiltshire Downs, between Salisbury and Warminster.
Welcome to Gingerbread Cottage! We hope that you decide to stay and have a pleasant, relaxing, and enjoyable visit to this beautiful area of Wiltshire. The cottage has been awarded a 4 Star rating by the English Tourism Council.
Gingerbread Cottage is a detached and thatched cottage in the village of Sherrington. Its owners, Mr and Mrs Lewis, live adjacent in Sheepfold Cottage which is also thatched and dates from 1724. It is ideal for two people, but a third bed is available if required. The cottage has been completely renovated, is fully central heated and double-glazed, but although modernised it has not lost its olde worlde charm. Throughout, it has been tastefully decorated and furnished.
Guests with disabilities should read more to see what facilities and help we can provide.
- Comfortable,friendly, we loved every minute (visitor from Lancs)
- Ideal for my week’s fishing holiday (visitor from Devon)
- This cottage was just what we were looking for – very nice and enjoyable (visitor from Denmark)
- Beautiful village, wonderful cottage. Brilliant first family holiday (visitor from N. Yorks)
- Beautiful place to have spent our silver wedding anniversary (visitor from Caithness)
- Nicest cottage I’ve ever stayed in -thank you (visitor from Vancouver)
- A painter’s paradise (visitor from Berkshire)
- Very comfortable and relaxing (visitor from Colorado, USA)
Oak stable door entrance, hanging flower baskets, bay window, oak beam, and French oak floor.
Kitchenette – fully equipped with combination microwave/oven/grill, two ring electric hob, fridge, oil-fired boiler electric kettle and toaster. Washing machine, tumble drier and freezer available – see the owners.
Shower Room – Large shower cubicle with pressurised shower, toilet, and washbasin.
Sitting Room – Two piece suite, dining table with 4 chairs, writing desk, satellite TV, stereo system.
Oak staircase, cosy twin-bedded room, fully carpeted, cupboard and chest of drawers, rocking chair. Nice views of the countryside and pond.
Visitors may relax in a small garden. This overlooks a private pond which often has ducks and moorhens using it. A barbeque set is available, and a set of outdoor chairs and table.
A short driveway leads to a gravelled yard next to the cottage where a car may be securely parked. If required, the entrance can be closed with a 5-bar gate.